Monday, December 6, 2010

Now you get 4.6 EXHORBITANT Rolls!

I consider myself OK at math, and I consider myself a pretty seasoned household supply shopper. Therefore, running into a store to grab some paper towels or toilet paper should be no big deal. I want to believe that I have sufficient mental capacity to make an educated purchase efficiently. But seriously, the current TP and paper towel packaging/marketing is blowing my mind. 12 BIG rolls = 24 regular rolls? 6 JUMBO rolls = 15 regular rolls? "Big" may or may not mean "double". "Large" usually means "big", but not always. What defines the baseline "regular" roll, anyway? Is a regular roll comprised of 170 2-ply sheets? And then there's good ol' Scott, boasting their 1000 sheet roll. Does a regular roll even exist anymore?
Maybe I'm alone in my suffering, but I think this is pure madness. I propose that the packaging simply specifies  ply (1 or 2?) and squares/sheets per roll. That's all I want: "Apples to apples" instead of "Jumbo oranges to regular pears".

No comments:

Post a Comment